UNCG recognizes the many choices in procuring materials and services for your work. To help you think through your choices we have provided questions for buyers to consider, facts about green purchasing myths, examples of product certification labeling and additional resources from the local, state, and national level.
Look for the Following Logos
- Is it durable and will it last a long time?
- Does it contain recycled content?
- What maintenance is required?
- Can it be recycled?
- Does it save water?
- Does it save energy?
- Is it available in bulk?
- How far with it be shipped?
- Are raw materials being extracted to make it?
- Are there equivalent options with less packaging?
Greener products always cost more money.
In many cases, going green can actually save money!
Greener products are not high quality.
Today’s greener options are nothing like those of the past.
Your small changes cannot make a difference.
Little things add up if we “Do something bigger altogether.”