Green Office Certification
The Green Office (G.O.) Certification program is a tool for offices to further the culture of sustainability at UNCG. It is designed to centralize sustainability guides, and be a vector of sustainability education and implementation so that offices can become the best, most sustainable offices they can be!
There are more than 60 credits and 3 levels of certification so LET’S G.O.!!!
Green Room Certification
Green Room is meant to be a tool to help you on the road to being your best Spartan self. It is a simple checklist of sustainable practices. Do it as a quiz to see how many sustainable practices you’re already doing, or use it to compete with your friends and see who can get the highest certification.
Green Room was created for students that live on UNCG’s campus, but anyone with a UNCG email address is welcome to partake.
Things to Know
- There are 10 mandatory credits to be a participant office in the G.O. program, as well as mandatory participation of at least 75% of your office.
- Smaller parts offices that contain more than 25 employees may choose to participate with a fragment of their office containing a minimum of 5 participating employees.
- Certifications last for 3 years before re-certification is necessary.
- The 10 mandatory credits can be seen in the Credit Worksheet below. This program is not meant to be out of reach for any office. Please send any additional questions or concerns to email@example.com.
- Office of the Chancellor (June 2011)
- Office of Enterprise Risk Management (October 2011)
- Office of Housing & Residence Life (May 2012)
- Facilities Design & Construction (December 2012)
- Division of Business Affairs (March 2014)
- Jackson Library ERIT Department (December 2014)
- Jackson Library Digital Media Commons (February 2015)
- Harold Schiffman Music Library (August 2017)
- Department of Specialized Education Services (November 2017)
- Library Access Services (February 2018)
- Office of the Provost (February 2018)
- The Graduate School (February 2018)
- Dean of Students (February 2018)
- Facilities Operations
- Facilities Design and Construction
- Jackson Library (9 Departments)
- Office of Leadership & Service – Learning
- Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Gove Student Health Center
- Office of Intercultural Engagement
- Housing and Residence Life
- Student Success Center
- Department of Campus Recreation and Wellness
- Department of Environmental Health & Safety