The Green Office(G.O.) Certification program is a tool for offices to further the culture of sustainability at UNCG. It is designed to centralize sustainability guides, and be a vector of sustainability education and implementation so that offices can become the best, most sustainable offices they can be!
There are more than 60 credits and 3 levels of certification so LET’S G.O.!!!
Things to know:
- There are 10 mandatory credits to be a participant.
- All credits can be seen listed in the Credit Worksheet below.
- It is mandatory to have the participation of at least 75% of your office.
- Smaller parts of offices that contain more than 25 employees may choose to participate in groups containing a minimum of 5 employees.
- Certifications last for 3 years before re-certification is necessary.
- This program is not meant to be out of reach for any office. Please send any concerns to email@example.com.
First read the 10 steps!: Step by Step Instructions
Then have your office head and 75% of your office sign this: Participation Sheet
Next use this to complete credits!: Green Office Credit Sheet
The following links can be found in the appropriate field of the Credit Sheet, but they are also listed here for your convenience.
Past Participating Offices:
- Office of the Chancellor – June 2011
- Office of Enterprise Risk Management – October 2011
- Office of Housing & Residence Life – May 2012
- Facilities Design & Construction – December 2012
- Division of Business Affairs – March 2014
- Jackson Library ERIT Department – December 2014
- Jackson Library Digital Media Commons – February 2015
Certification In Progress:
- Facilities Operations
- Career Services Center
- Student Success Center
- Student Health Services
- Weatherspoon Art Museum
- Department of Classical Studies
Signed Up To Begin:
- Office of the Provost
- Dean of Students Office
- University Registrar’s Office
- International Program Center
- Harold Schiffman Music Library
- Jackson Library – 9 Departments
- Department of Campus Recreation
- Office of Leadership & Service-Learning
- Department of Environmental Health & Safety